Mazda’s recent facelift to the popular BT50 gave ARB’s engineers the opportunity to develop a Summit bar to suit all 2011 on Mazda BT50’s.
The recent facelift of the BT50 included changes to the headlight and to the grill assembly. Fitting instructions include the different steps for pre or post facelift model grills. A separate front rail section is being developed to suit the BT50 Summit Bar. Full details will be provided in a separate product release.
Summit Side Steps and returns and Summit RSTB are available for fitment to both pre and post facelift model BT50’s.
Protection & Styling Characteristics:
• Vehicle specific design for the Mazda BT50.
• Registered design of styling and design components.
• Durable steel construction for maximum protection.
• Incorporates ARB’s renowned multi fold upswept and tapered wing design for optimum strength and approach angle.
• 30mm radius on wings and centre section.
• Superbly engineered, air bag compatible mounting system secures to chassis via high tensile bolts and hardware.
• Split pan design for maximum strength and airflow.
• 2 piece grill design for split pan.
• Extensive protection panels on centre and either side. The centre panel includes 6 press formed round holes for additional airflow.
• 60.3mm outer frames and centre cross bar.
• Formed cover strap.
• Pressed form top pan and aluminium (powder coated satin black) winch cover panel.
• Combination style bar to suit both winch and non-winch applications.
• Twin Hi-Lift jack points located below each buffer for optimum strength.
• Durable two piece buffers including cover strap intersection caps.
• Will accommodate Warn, Magnum, Bushranger and Smittybilt low mount model electric winches up to 10,000lb.
• Provision to accommodate ARB Intensity LED’s and a range of IPF lights.
• Provision for optional ARB Fog Light kit part no 3500590.
• Includes ARB LED Indicator and Clearance light.
• Two aerial brackets located on the top of the centre fame.
• Bar adds approximately 155mm to the overall length of the Mazda BT50.
• Approximate weight of the bar, chassis mounts and fitting kit is 73kg.
• Zinc rich primer for additional rust resistance.
• Finished in a hard wearing satin black powder coat
The chassis mounts include bracing from the bar back to and around the chassis. These are required to provide valuable support around the consistency of an OE chassis weld. The brace ties the bar into a cradle around the chassis rather than just mounted on the face of the chassis flange. This bracing is particularly important for vehicles used in extreme conditions.
Under Pan Protection Panels:
The centre under pan protection panel includes 6 laser cut round holes to both add to the strength of the panel and to aid with air flow to the radiator and front mount intercooler. The centre and side protection panels are manufactured from laser cut and folded 2mm steel. These panels are finished with a zinc rich primer and a top satin black powder coat.
The cover strap on ARB’s Summit Bar is a 62.6mm formed cover strap. The press form adds strength and visually the wider cover strap suits the larger diameter tube and 30mm radius of the pans. The intersection of cover strap and buffers is covered by a cover strap intersection cap.
Pressed Form Top Pan:
ARB’S Summit Bar range features a pressed form top pan. The press form adds strength to the pan whilst allowing for the winch cover panel to be recessed for a seamless appearance.
Buffers, Centre Pan Grill And Fog Light Surround :
The 2011 on Mazda BT50 Summit Bar features two piece buffers, centre pan grill and ARB’s fog light surround (Fog light part number 3500590 is optional. Refer following fog light section). All three components are designed to integrate with each other and the bar design. The upright section of the two piece buffer has a style line to complement the fog light surround. The intersection of the cover strap and buffer is covered by a cover strap intersection cap to neatly finish the pressed form cover strap. To provide access to winch clutch handles and to assist with valuable airflow to the radiator and intercooler the split pan has a two piece grill for an integrated, OE style appearance. An access door on the left hand side allows access to winch clutch handles. This door also overcomes clutch lever access when larger lights are fitted to the top pan.
ARB’s Summit Bar for the Mazda BT50 features ARB’s new fog light surround that accepts ARB’s 51W Fog Light, part number 3500590. The surround is supplied standard with a screw in cover if no fog light is to be fitted. The fog light surround will be supplied in a natural black finish to complement the buffer and design ARB Auxiliary Fog Light Loom Part number 3500530 is required if fitting the ARB Fog Light option. A clear fog light cover has been developed separately under part number 3500680.
Led Clearance Light / Turn Signals:
Press form apertures in each wing are provided to fit ARB’s LED clearance light / turn signal.
Pressed Winch Cover:
ARB’s Summit Bar for the BT50 is supplied with a 4mm aluminium press formed winch cover panel for when no winch is being fitted. When fitted the winch cover panel is recessed in the press form top pan to give a level and integrated appearance. The cover is supplied in a satin black powder coat finish. Colour coding is optional.
Two aerial mounts are welded to the centre cross tube to allow fitment of UHF/AM radio and mobile phone aerials/antennas. Synchro pulse controlled welding is used for a visually appealing weld with seam quality that it comparable with that of a TIG weld.
Hi-Lift Jack Points:
Hi-Lift jack points are located directly below the buffers. The Hi-Lift jack point is welded directly to the upright on either side and is designed to prevent the Hi-Lift jack from interfering with the buffer.
Winch Model Fitment:
The ARB Summit Bar for the Mazda BT50 fits the following winches:
• Warn M8000, XD9000, XP9.5 and XDC 9.5
• Warn ZEON 8, 8-S, 10 and 10-S
• Warn ZEON Platinum 10, 10-S
• Warn Magnum 8K, Magnum 10K
• Smittybilt Gen2 X20 10K
• Bushranger DV-9TH, DS-9.5TH and Seal 9.5TH
The Summit Bar has an integrated control box mount that recesses the control box lower in the pan. Different mount holes and control box mount brackets are provided to suit different winches. Fitting instructions for the kit have further information as to which mount hole or bracket is suitable.
Winch Model Fitment Cont:
Please note that not all winches on the market will have mount holes pre-drilled. The recessed control box mount in conjunction with the wider split pan greatly assist with airflow requirements of the Ranger.
Additional fit kits are required depending on the winch being fitted:
• 3500720 WINCH INSTALL KIT SUMMIT BAR|. This kit includes a newly designed flip up number plate bracket.
• Warn ZEON and ZEON Platinum fitment requires Warn part number W89965 Short Wiring Kit.
• Warn ZEON Platinum fitment may require part No W94288 Enhanced Signal Kit.
• Winches fitted with a hawse fairlead will require part No 3500600 Hawse Fairlead Spacer Kit.
• 3500840 CTRL BOX BRKT SUMMIT/ SUIT MAGNUM/XP/SMITTYBUILT is under development for fitment of these control boxes.