DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT:
Toyota’s popular 10/13 on model Prado 150 now has another ARB Bar option – ARB Summit. The Summit Bar joins the Deluxe, Sahara, ARB Alloy and Smartbar bars to give your customer a number of frontal protection options depending on their requirements.Two Summit bars have been designed and developed to cover GX, GXL, VX and Kakadu model Prado 150’s. Please refer to table for part number and pricing details for the different bars. Chassis mounts, initially developed for the ARB Deluxe range of bars for the Prado 150, have been retained for the Summit bar. Under panels and the bar assembly have specifically been designed to have all the features of the Summit range. The ARB Summit bar features the latest styling from ARB including press form cover straps, larger ARB fog light and surround, two piece split pan grill with access door for winch clutch operation and a recessed winch control box mount for a sleek, integrated appearance. Summit Side Rails and Steps to suit the Prado 150 are in final stages of design and development. Full Product Information will be advised in a separate Product Information Bulletin.
Protection and Styling Characteristics
- Separate vehicle specific designs for the Toyota Prado 150 10/13 on models.
- 3421820 suits GX and GXL
- 3421830 suits VX and Kakadu models
- Registered design of styling and design components.
- Durable steel construction for maximum protection.
- Incorporates ARB’s renowned multi fold upswept and tapered wing design foroptimum strength and approach angle.
- 30mm radius on wings and centre section.
- Engineered, air bag compatible mounting system secures to the chassis viahigh tensile bolts.
- Split pan design for maximum strength and airflow.
- 2 piece grill design for split pan.
- Extensive protection panels on centre and either side.
- Pressed form top pan and aluminium (powder coated black) winch cover panel.
- Press form recess for OE headlight washer (VX and Kakadu 3421830 bar only).
- Provision for OE parking sensors (VX and Kakadu 3421830 bar only).
- Twin Hi-Lift jack points located beneath each buffer for optimum strength.
- Durable two piece buffers.
- Includes ARB LED Indicator and Clearance light. DRL feature on VX and Kakadu model 3421830 bar.
- Two aerial brackets located on the top of the centre tube.
- UV stable polyurethane film with an automotive grade 3M adhesive backing toreduce glare from the OE park light.
- Will accommodate Warn, Magnum, Bushranger, Smittybilt low mount modelelectric winches up to 10,000lb.
- Provision to accommodate ARB Intensity LED’s and a range of Bushranger andIPF lights.
- Provision for optional ARB Fog light kit part no 3500590.
- Provision for optional ARB Fog light covers part no 3500680.
- Provision for Optional Summit Roller Fairlead Cover part no 3500850.
- Bar adds approximately 185mm to the overall length of the vehicle.
- Approximate weight of the bar, chassis mounts and fitting kit is 77kg. Approximately 6kg is removed from the vehicle for fitment of the bar.
- Zinc rich primer for additional corrosion resistance.
- Finished in satin black powder coat.
- PN 3500700 ANTI REFLECTIVE TAPE KIT is recommended to eliminate glarefrom the headlights on the outer tubes where the driver or passenger seatingposition may be elevated or forward.
Buffers, Split Pan Grill and Fog Light Surround:
The Summit Bars for the Prado feature two piece buffers, split pan grill and ARB’s Fog Light Surround (suits ARB Fog Light part number 3500590). All three components are designed to integrate with each other and the bar design. The upright section of the two piece buffer has a style line to complement the fog light surround. The intersection of the 62.6mm press formed cover strap and buffer is covered by a covered strap intersection cap to neatly finish the pressed form cover strap. To provide access to winch clutch handles and to assist with valuable air flow to the radiator the split pan has a two piece grill for an integrated, OE style appearance. An access door on the left hand side allows access to winch clutch handles.
ARB’s new fog light surround is featured in the ARB Summit Bar for the Prado 150. Fitment of ARB Fog light part number 3500590 is optional. ARB Auxiliary Fog Light Loom part number 3500530 is required if fitting the ARB Fog Light Option. The fog light surround will be supplied in a natural black finish to complement the buffer design. A clear fog light cover has been developed separately under part number 3500680.
Pressed Top Pan and Winch Cover:
The top pan of the Summit range of bars feature a press form to add strength and a 4mm aluminium press formed winch cover panel, for when no winch is being fitted. When fitted, the winch cover panel is recessed in the press form top pan to give a level and integrated appearance. The cover is supplied in a satin black powder coat finish.
Two aerial mounts are welded to the centre cross tube to allow fitment of UHF/AM radio, mobile phone aerials/antennas or sand flags. Synchro pulse controlled welding is used for a visually appealing weld with seam quality that is comparable with that of a TIG weld.
Driving Light Mounts:
The press formed top pan includes laser cut holes for fitment of a range of compatible driving lights including ARB Intensity, Bushranger and IPF 800, 808 and 900 Series lights. Pinning holes for ARB Intensity lights are included. It is recommended that driving lights are fitted at the time of bar fitment. If driving lights are being fitted after the bar has been fitted, the centre lower stone tray will need to be removed to provide access to the right hand side driving light mount.
Winch Model Fitment:
The following winches fit the Prado 150 ARB Summit Winch bar:
Warn M8000, XD9000, 9.5XP, 9.5XDC
Warn ZEON 8, 8-S, 10 and 10-S
Warn ZEON Platinum 10 and 10-S
Warn Magnum 8 and 10
Smittybilt Gen2 X20 10K
Bushranger DV-9TH, DS-9.5TH and Seal 9.5TH
The Summit bar has an integrated control box mount that recesses the control box lower in the pan. Different mount holes and control box brackets are provided to suit different winches. Winch fitting kit instructions have further information as to which mount hole or bracket is suitable. Please note that not all winches on the market will have corresponding control box mount holes pre-drilled. Note for vehicles fitted with Radar Cruise Control:
Unlike on ARB Deluxe bars, relocation of the control box to the engine bay or directly onto the winch is not required for vehicles fitted with OE Radar Cruise Control. Additional fit kits are required depending on the winch being fitted:
3500720 WINCH INSTALL KIT SUMMIT BAR. This kit includes a flip up number plate bracket.
Warn ZEON and ZEON Platinum fitment require Warn part No W89965 ShortWiring Kit.
Warn ZEON Platinum fitment may require Warn part No W94288 EnhancedSignal Kit.
Hi-Lift Jack Points:
Hi-Lift jack points are located directly below the buffers. The Hi-Lift jack point is welded directly to the upright on either side and is designed to prevent the Hi-Lift jack from interfering with the buffer.
LED Clearance Light / Turn Signals:
Press form apertures in each wing are provided to fit ARB’s LED clearance light / turn signal.
Headlight washer provision (VX and Kakadu bar 3421830 only):
Press formed recesses are provided in each wing to allow fitment of the OE headlight washer assembly. Please note that the OE headlight washer assembly is body colour so it is recommended that the bar is colour coded.
Parking sensor provision (VX and Kakadu bar 3421830 only):
The wings and lower centre pan of the Summit Bar for the VX and Kakadu model feature provision for the OE front parking sensors. Sensors are re-fitted to the bar using the OE surrounds to replicate, as close as practical, the OE operation of the sensors.
Camera relocation kit (required for Kakadu model 3421830 only):
A camera relocation kit has been developed for the Kakadu model. The camera is relocated to the split pan within the grill assembly. Please note that the image will be different to the original image displayed. Final fitment has not been confirmed due to vehicle availability. ETA to be advised separately.